2022 Random Acts of Kindness Giveaway
OFFICIAL RULES AND CONDITIONS
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chance of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entry into 2.718 Marketing 2022 Random Acts of Kindness Giveaway is acceptance of these Official Rules.
1. Giveaway Period: The 2.718 Marketing 2022 Random Acts of Kindness Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is November 14, 2022, through December 2, 2022, at 11:59 pm CST. A computer designated by Sponsor will serve as the official timekeeping device.
2. Drawing Period: The 2.718 Marketing 2022 Random Acts of Kindness Giveaway Drawing Period (the “Drawing”) will take place at 12PM CST on Friday, November 18, 2022, for the first week’s winners, Monday, November 28, 2022, for the second week’s winners, and Friday, December 2, 2022, for the third week’s winners. A computer designated by Sponsor will serve as the official timekeeping device. 2.718 Marketing will send the prize directly to the winners via LinkedIn for weeks 1 and 2, but week 3 will require participants to send their mailing address (no PO box numbers). 2.718 Marketing will make three attempts between December 2, 2022, through December 9, 2022, to notify randomly selected winners for week 3, but reserve the right to pick an alternate winner if we do not receive any response. 2.718 Marketing reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify this giveaway, or substitute or suspend the prize drawing portion at any time if any problem prevents the awarding of the prize or completion of the drawing.
3. Eligibility: Eligibility limited to those in the United States of America who commented under the designated LinkedIn campaign post and/or posted a video of them committing a random act of kindness. Employees of 2.718 Marketing are not eligible to win drawing prizes. By entering, entrants certify that they meet all eligibility criteria. Prize delivery date will be selected by 2.718 Marketing in conjunction with the winner but must fall within 2022. *No purchase necessary to win; Any taxes on prize value will be the sole responsibility of the winner. ® /™ © 2022 All rights reserved. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
4. To Enter: During the Giveaway Period, eligible respondents who comment on the designated LinkedIn post and/or post a video of them completing a random act of kindness to their own LinkedIn platform, while tagging 2.718 Marketing, will have the opportunity to win different prizes during different weeks. If chosen to win a prize within the first 2 weeks of the campaign, a 2.718 Marketing employee will send their prize via LinkedIn direct message. If chosen to win the third week’s prize, a 2.718 Marketing employee will message the winner via LinkedIn in order to obtain their mailing address for shipping. A person who wins during week 1 of the campaign will not be eligible to win during week 2. Participants can still participate during week 2 if they did not win week 1.
5. Prize: Twenty (20) $20 Starbucks gift cards will be awarded to twenty (20) randomly selected winners from eligible entries during the first week of the campaign. Twenty (20) $20 Crumbl gift cards will be awarded to twenty (20) randomly selected winners from eligible entries during the second week of the campaign. Ten (10) Kindness Kits will be awarded to ten (10) randomly selected winners from eligible entries during the first week of the campaign (Kindness Kits include a t-shirt, a mug and ten (10) $1 lottery tickets). The winner may not substitute, exchange or transfer the prize except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner is responsible for any and all taxes and other prize-related expenses, costs and/or fees (including, without limitation installation fees) not set forth herein as part of the prize.
6. Release: By entering the Giveaway, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless, Sponsor, its related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the contest or receipt or use of any prize.
7. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, or any prizes awarded, other than the administration of the Giveaway or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Illinois (Northern District) or the appropriate Illinois State Court located in Cook County, Illinois; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE.
8. Sponsor: 2.718 Marketing, Inc. 54 West Hubbard St. LLE Chicago, IL 60654
9. General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Giveaway or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Giveaway, including but not limited to errors in the advertising, Official Rules, selection and announcement of the winners and distribution of the prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, garbled, damaged, illegible or otherwise deficient or incompletely received for any reason. Sponsor is not responsible for: technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Giveaway. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify any promotion not capable of completion as planned, including by tampering, unauthorized intervention or force majeure. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.)